Hello! Welcome to Mr Xia's Webpage!For any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgI will return your email as soon as possible.If a response takes longer than 24 hours, it is likely thata problem has occurred and I did not receive your email.Please email me via or email@example.com as an alternative and/orhave your child notify me in class that you wish to contact me.- - -- - -6th Grade Curriculum:
- Metric System and Measurement (September)
- Scientific Method and Inquiry (October)
- Populations and Ecosystems (November to January)
- Levers and Pulleys / Simple Machines (February to early March)
- Weather and Water (mid-March to June) <-- CURRENT UNIT
- 30% Classwork / Lab Work
- 30% Homework / Lab Notebook
- 30% Embedded Tasks (Exams, Tests, Quizzes, Benchmarks)
- 10% Culminating Task (*Assignment varies by Marking Period)
- Enter room silently.
- Take out your notebook and a pen. Be ready to work.
- Respect each other.
- No throwing objects or horseplay in the classroom.
- Ask for permission, sign out, and take a pass before leaving the room for any reason.
Class Required Items:
- Marble Notebook
- Pen and Pencil
- Regular 2 Flap Folder
- Yellow Highlighter
- Glue Stick or Tape