Did you know that…
On the 2015 School Quality Review Cunningham received a grade of:
"Well Developed” in rigorous curricula; high expectations; and professional collaborations focusing on student learning
2015-2016 School year
· 64.5% of our students are at levels 3 and 4 on Common Core NYS Math Test
· 58.5% of our students are at levels 3 and 4 on Common Core NYS ELA Test
· 82% of our students are at levels 3 and 4 on NYS Grade 8 Science Test
· 100% of our teachers are fully licensed and State certified.
· 95% of our students attend school daily.
91% passing rate on the French and Spanish Proficiency Exams, 100% passing rate on the US History Regents, 99.6% passing rate on Algebra 1 Regents, and 99.6% passing rate on the Earth Science Regents
- 88% of the students scored 85% or higher (Level 4) on the US History Regents -Average score - 91.85
- 82% of the students scored 85% or higher (Level 4) on the Earth Science Regents – Avg. score - 90.27
- 98% of the students scored Level ¾ on the Algebra 1 Common Core Regent- Average score - 86.95
- 82.3% of the students scored Level 3 & 4 on the Spanish Proficiency Exam – Average score - 80.04
- 94.6% of the students scored Level 3 & 4 on the French Proficiency Exam – average score – 80.23
114 students from Cunningham were accepted to Specialized High Schools in NYC in 2016
Stuyvesant, Brooklyn Tech, LaGuardia, Staten Island Tech, Brooklyn Latin, Polytech Engineering, & Bronx Science.
· 105 students were accepted to Midwood Medical Science, Bard and Beacon HS
· 87 of our students were accepted to Murrow; 68 to Midwood Humanities; 126 were accepted to Madison and 40 students to Madison Law; and 37 to Leon Goldstein HS - four of the most prestigious high schools in Brooklyn.
Cunningham’s Specialized Programs
- Gifted and Talented Program - CIG/Advanced
- Honors Program (Cyber Academy)
- Regents (Earth Science, Algebra I, US History), Level I Spanish, Chinese (new for Sept. 2016)
- Specialized High School Preparatory Courses in Reading and Math
- Enrichment clusters offered during the school day: robotics, engineering, game coding, computer coding, oceanography/marine biology, crime lab, environmental action, invent your own product, health and fitness, dance, instrumental band, guitar, chorus, digital photography, drama, art/textile design, Jr. Sing, American Sign Language and Disney film detectives.
- Our STEAM enrichment programs include; Engineering “Science of the Smart Cities” in collaboration with NYU Polytechnical School of Engineering, Chess in the Schools Tournaments, The Stock Market Game, Project Citizen, Model UN, Math Olympiad & Math Counts Competitions, Eureka, Robotics, Engineering, Blogging, Podcasts, Virtual Communities, 2.0 Web Tools, and 21st Century Learning and Digital Citizenship.
- Academic Supports: Common Core Success Academy, Rewards, Great Leaps, I-Ready, Khan’s Academy, Study Island, Schoolnet, e-portfolios, e-Learning Suite, Rosetta Stone, Brain Pop, Discovery, edhelper, My-On Reading, and My Library NYC.
- 21st Century School wide Tools: Skedula, Datacation, and Google Classroom.
Extensive Before and After School Programs
· Chess Team, Modern Rock Band, Cunningham Dance Company I & II, Theatre Production, Model UN, Yearbook, Art/Mosaics, Community Service, Engineering, Jr. Varsity & Varsity Math Team, Mouse Squad, Robotics, Open Minds, Jr. Jewish Student Union, Flag Football, Varsity Basketball, Varsity Volleyball, Cross Country Track, Cheerleading, Soccer, & Wrestling.
· SONYC Afterschool Program run by Millennium Development Corporation.
· Cunningham’s Future Leaders and Staff have demonstrated humanitarian efforts this past year by participating in fund-raising efforts such as SCAF service for battered woman, Lee Denim Day for Breast Cancer, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Relay for Life, Zimbabwe Sister Project, Pennies for Patients, Coats for Kids, Donate-a-Toothbrush, Box Tops for Education, Pediatric Cancer,and Supporting our Military.
· Class, grade and overnight educational trips (Frost Valley Environmental Center, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Busch Gardens, Physics Day at Great Adventure, and Senior Trip to Pocono Valley...)
· Music partnerships: American Young Voices; Brooklyn Borough President Performances; District 22 concerts
We’re proud to be part of the Cunningham family!
COME JOIN US