Check out the new iPads at Cunningham!!
- New levels of student engagement will be documented by teachers and the administration.
- Students will become creators of academic content in ways not witnessed in the past.
- Students will demonstrate more independence as learners and will be interdependent of their fellow students as they find new ways to personalize their learning.
- Teachers will innovate classroom practice and demonstrate new ways to guide students to learning.
- Creativity will become a part of the school culture.
- Student achievement gains will be demonstrated.
- 21st century skills including basic skills, decision making, cooperation, creativity, high productivity and inventive thinking will be taught and learned.
- Increased student engagement will lead to higher attendance and positive student behavior.
- The iPad is a natural tool for this endeavor and will open a world of new learning opportunities for our students. Apple is a natural partner in this project because of their long history in public education, providing relevant professional development to teachers, education, and technical support.
- Collaboration and cooperation between students, staff, and parents and community leveraging our new tools will be sought and nurtured.
- New relationships will emerge between students and teachers, parents and their children, school and community, and students and their ever changing world.
This news article link highlights the emergence and usage of iPads in public schools in New Hampshire:
This website link tracks current iPad and iPad2 implementation trends
Click this link to learn more about the International Society for Technology in Education Standards and Performance Indicators that we will be working to achieve for our students
The following links will take you to everything you want to know about Apple Computer as an educational partner for learning in schools
This link connects you to an eSchoolNews story that discusses student achievement gains in a school that deployed iPads to their students
The following link is geared towards weekly updates regarding the latest apps and news related to the iPad learning device
This research article is a summary on the benefits of iPads on literacy: