During class, students should ask themselves:
- What are the main ideas of today’s lesson?
- Was anything confusing or difficult?
- If something isn’t making sense, what question should I ask the teacher?
- Am I taking proper notes?
- What can I do if I get stuck on a problem?
Before a test, students should ask themselves:
- What will be on the test?
- What areas do I struggle with or feel confused about?
- How much time should I set aside to prepare for an upcoming test?
- Do I have the necessary materials (books, school supplies, a computer and online access, etc.) and a quiet place to study, with no distractions?
- What strategies will I use to study? Is it enough to simply read and review the material, or will I take practice tests, study with a friend, or write note cards?
- What grade would I get if I were to take the test right now?
After a test, students should ask themselves:
- What questions did I get wrong, and why did I get them wrong?
- Were there any surprises during the test?
- Was I well-prepared for the test?
- What could I have done differently?