Mrs. Dube's Homework Policy
1) All homework is to be done on the date due
2) All homework is expected to be completed as assigned
-Short answer questions are answered in 3-4 detailed sentences supported by text evidence. This evidence should be explained (what does it mean?) in your own words.
-All sentences should be complete, well thought out and using proper grammar
3) All homework should be completed either on paper or on Google Classroom- you will be informed where to completed your work
4) Long term assignments (assignments that students have over a weeks time to complete) must be in on the due date. Students will have up to three days to hand in assignment post due date, however, for every day late a 10 point penalty will be applied. After day three of lateness, the assignments will not be accepted.
*if a valid attempt is made, but homework is NOT complete as assigned, the student be given ONE OPPORTUNITY PER MARKING PERIOD to make up ONE incomplete homework. ANY INCOMPLETE HOMEWORK AFTER THE ONE MAKEUP WILL BE CONSIDERED A ZERO MARK AND WILL COUNT AGAINST THE STUDENT'S GRADE FOR THAT MARKING PERIOD IN WHICH THE HOMEWORK WAS ASSIGNED. It is the student's responsibility to show a completed work the next day.
*if student comes in with no homework, or no attempt has been made to complete, a zero will be assigned and may NOT be made up
*only ONE makeup of a homework or "get out of jail free card" will be allowed per marking period. These DO NOT roll over from marking period to marking period.
Make ups are allowed under the following circumstances and will not be marked zero:
1) Student illness
2) Family emergency with note from a parent/guardian or email from parent/guardian
FYI: Extra circular actives (i.e. piano lessons, dance, martial arts) will NOT count as an "emergency" to miss homework.