Our blended learning students in grades 6-8 for in-person learning starting on Thursday, February 25th require a COVID Consent Form on file.
- Submitting consent to have your child tested for COVID-19 in school is quick and easy. If you have already submitted consent, we encourage you to do so again to ensure your student has the latest form on file. There are two easy ways to submit:
- Fill out the form online using a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)
- If you already have a NYCSA account linked to your student(s): Log in, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.” Read the page, and then choose the consent option at the end for your student.
- If you do not already have a NYCSA account: You can create one right away! If you have an account creation code from Ms. Guttenplan,Parent Coordinator, Cell # 347 563-4642 MGuttenplan@schools.nyc.gov, If you need your creation code, please email her with your name, student's full name and OSIS#. She will be able to provide for you a unique creation code to set up your account. VERY IMPORTANT--THIS IS A PARENT ACCOUNT NOT A STUDENT ACCOUNT. She can only give creation codes to parents. She can not give this to students. You must email her directly from your email address not from your child's is234 gmail. Please do NOT ask your child to email her for this information. Thank you for your cooperation.
- You can create a full account in approximately five minutes, and then provide consent as described above. If you do not have an account creation code from your school, you can still provide your consent right away by clicking “Manage Consent” under “COVID-19 Testing” and filling out your and your child’s information to provide consent.
- Print and sign the form and bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back in the school building. A printable PDF file is available in ten languages: Consent Forms.
Updated Daily Health Screening Question and COVID-19 School Health Policy and Health
SIGN IN WITH "GUEST SCREENING"
Based on continuing guidance from health officials and evolving DOE policies, the DOE has updated the first daily health screening question to include the following scenarios:
- Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever of 100.0 degrees fahrenheit or greater, a new cough, new loss of taste or smell or shortness of breath within the past 10 days?
- If the answer is No—go to the next question.
- If the answer is Yes, and I have received a negative result from a COVID-19 test since the onset of symptoms AND I have not had symptoms for at least 24 hours—go to the next question.
- If the answer is Yes, and I am not in the category above—no further screening is needed. The employee/guest may not enter the building.