Welcome to Ms. Ferraro's 7th grade SCIENCE webpage.
email Kferraro@IS.234 705, 708, 710 and 717.
class rules and policies new rules for second quarter are highlighted in purple
- Students must read and record the Instructonal Objective and the date for each lesson in class. The purpose of this is to understand what they are learning and why.
- A full heading is required on looseleaf, but not in the marble notebook.
Instructional objectives (formally called Aims:) all worksheets and homework must be listed in the table of contents with the page number and date.
Pages must be numbered inside the book on the bottom, except for glossary. book log or table of contents.
Independent Book Log (up to 10 book points mandatory for second quarter ( 5 for the first quarter ) Each entry must include the title, author and publisher of the book. Also, 3 new facts you learned that are described in the book, written in descriptive, full sentences. There is an additional task of writing 2 questions generated from reading the book for the second quarter.
Glossary should include all posted vocabulary words and their definitions. AND New Starting 2nd quarter The word used in a descriptive sentence.
- Please make sure all returned papers are securely glued in. They are the evidence that your child is performing well.
- All students should come to school with a science marble notebook, black or blue pens, #2 pencils, glue sticks and ear buds ( for IPADS) every day.
- Students should carry a Science folder for loose homework papers that are collected and a planner for writing down assignments.
- Be advised that gum, food, sugary beverages, outerwaer, hats and hoods are not permitted in classrooms.
Students are not permitted to use their cell phones, even for checking the time.